How Can Geofencing In Kingsport Work With A Home Security System?
Modern smart security solutions are getting increasingly more intelligent. Even so, it doesn't take much to neglect to do simple security chores like activating your a security system, lowering the garage door, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you never had to remember doing these tasks ever again? When utilizing geofencing in Kingsport, you can simply drive off to work and have your system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Kingsport For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual border along the sides of your residence, which you are able to set up in your smart security app. This convenient tool then utilizes your cell phone to see when you cross the perimeter and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart devices utilize to share information with each other. The technology assists your home security by grouping all components onto the same network. You are then able to set up a unique boundary along the perimeter of your property and program the specific actions you want to occur if you cross the prearranged border line.
For example, as soon as you exit your property, you can program your security system to engage door locks, lower the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can inform your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, activate lighting, and even alter your your home’s comfort levels.
Here are several of the components you will be able to control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Home electronics like speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are All Possible With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your home’s security system in Kingsport. When accessing the ADT Control app, you are able to do a lot with home automation. With just a few taps of your phone, and you can:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart devices to operate at predetermined times. Have your lights start to dim to tell you that it's time to turn in for the night, or deactivate your home’s alarm the first thing in the morning.
● Control device interactions: Make particular devices engage in response to a triggered event. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the exhaust fan if the CO detector is set off. Or illuminate your hallway lighting if your doorbell camera detects strange movements outside.
● Set a scene: Create scenes featuring various devices that operate in concert with each other. Make your lights switch off, the thermostat go down, and the locks activate when it's time for bed. Or program the system for TV night with specific lighting and temperature adjustments.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm if you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing technology and your smartphone, you'll never forget to arm the system and shut the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Kingsport
Whether you seek additional peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you go to work or you want to explore your home automation options, geofencing can help. Speak with one of our representatives today at (423) 241-8746 or complete the form below to begin customizing your optimal security system.