Security cameras can easily be placed as a hindrance—a display that notifies burglars or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can utilize your security cameras to strengthen your home’s security.
Luckily, the latest security cameras are outfitted with a number of features all built to provide total protection for your family. Whether it’s two-way audio and recording capabilities or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion detectors, these additions empower you to have the most from video surveillance in Kingsport.
How To Set Up Your Kingsport Home Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to improving your video surveillance is installing the components in the right areas around your living space. Interior security cameras work best when placed in common spots such as the kitchen or den. It’s also a smart idea to install a camera pointed at main doors, stairs, or other common areas thieves would have to enter through to reach the rest of your home. Exterior security cameras should provide a clear scene of your porch, driveway, front and yards, garage, and other exterior separated buildings, like sheds. You can always get a view of your front porch through a subtle doorbell camera.
There are areas around your interior that are less imperative to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, setting a camera in the bedroom may hinder your privacy. You can always add window or motion detectors if you desire a form of security in bedrooms.
Features That Optimize Security Cameras
Camera layout is only the foundation for utilizing the most from home security cameras in Kingsport. The additions described below help to optimize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive instant messages on your mobile device anytime strange movement is detected. You can also set cameras to begin capturing footage when motions are detected which serves to add to camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Set your security cameras to record and store clips so you can view them anytime.
- Two-way talk: Most of modern security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually chat with people with the camera. Through ADT Control, you can act like you’re inside the building or talk to your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, provides a more complete view of any space. Check for cameras that provide at least 120° angle lens or that are able to pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your home security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that can capture footage of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones offer you the freedom to protect specific spots within your living space.. For example, you can tell your doorbell camera to notify you of movement taking place on your yard or your porch and ignore animals passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- App: security app, like ADT Control®, enable you to live-stream camera feeds, move cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send instant alerts when the see unusual motion around your home.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your video surveillance in Kingsport is more simple. From rapid motion detection to two-way talk, your home security is elevated from simply a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (423) 241-8746 or complete the form below to get started customizing your home security and camera system today.